Plant Facts For Kids
Plants are the most important part of our ecosystem. Parents and teachers should teach children to love plants and trees as it enhances the beauty of nature and makes our surrounding cool. We are sharing some interesting facts to increase the curiosity toward plants in children.
1. Banana trees don't have wooden stems.
2. Cabbage has 91% water content.
3. Bananas contain a natural chemical that makes people feel happy.
4. Strawberry is the only fruit that has seeds on the outside.
5. The country Brazil is named after a tree called “pau-brasil”.
6. An average-sized tree can provide wood enough to make 170000 pencils.
7. Elephant grass found in Africa is named so because it can grow up to 4.5 meters, which is high enough to hide an elephant in it.
8. Oak trees do not produce acorns until they become 50 years old.
9. Bamboo is an extremely rapid-growing plant. In fact, some bamboo varieties can grow almost a meter (about 3.2 feet) in a single day.
10. The oceans contain about 85% of all plant life on Earth.
Stonebridge Academy: Daycare in Mckinney